Welcome to New England & the
2019 NAWCC National Convention
Thursday June 27, Friday June 28, Saturday June 29 and Sunday June 30
At the Better Living Center in Springfield MA Home of the Big E
1305 Memorial Ave, West Springfield, MA 01089
Join us for 4 days of exciting events. With Mart loading in on Friday, Early Bird & Auction on Friday, Mart on Saturday and Sunday with over 700 mart tables loaded with an array of horological items on display and for sale.
WWT (Worldwide Traders, Watch & Jewelry) will have their show on Thursday & Friday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. Please keep in mind, WWT 2nd day is Friday in conjunction with our mart set up and the Early Bird on Friday. They also will be renting watch cases and safes to NAWCC members.
Thursday 10:00am and 2:00pm Friday 10:00am American Clock and Watch Museum with Tom Manning, Curator
Thursday 1:00pm Peter Nunes has agreed to curate a tour of the J. Cheney Wells Clock Collection in Old Sturbridge Village
There is no need to sign up for the tours, just show up at the museums at your convenience (to join the escorted tours above show up at the indicated times.). Description of Tours including other local places of interest.
WELCOME RECEPTION & KEYNOTE SPEAKER: 5:30 pm June 27, 2019.Come join us for a social hour and buffet at 5:30pm (tickets available on registration form) followed by the key note speaker. You must pre-register for this reception, so we have an accurate count for the food. No walk-ins will be accommodated. Everyone is welcome to attend the Keynote address at 7 pm, No Charge. No registration is required.
Throughout the 3 days at the BLC we have many different lectures planned mostly on the New England clock and watch makers. Don't miss these first time presentations.
THURSDAY JUNE 27, 2019
- 4:00-5:00 Presentation Greg & Cathy Gorton: An American experience living and studying clock and furniture repair at West Dean College, UK
- 6:30 Keynote Speaker Robert Cheney: The Early Clockmakers of Boston and surrounding areas
FRIDAY JUNE 28, 2019
- 8:30-10:00 Joint Chapter Meeting Chapter Relations and Membership Committees (All Welcome)
- 10:00 Presentation Andy Dervan: Development of Clock making & Production in New Englanquot;d
- 11:00 Presentation Tom McIntyre: Springfield's Own Watch Co., The New York Watch Co.
- 2:00-3:00 Library Committee Meeting (William Ward) Small Conference Room
- 3:00-4:30 Cog Counters Presentation Russ Oecshle: The Search for Joel Curtis - Wood Works Tall Clock Maker of Upstate New York
- 4:00-5:00 Live Auction viewing and cash bar with concession open until 6:15
- 4:00 Cash Bar opens at the bar and the Cafe will be serving food items until 6:15
- 5:00 Live Auction
SATURDAY JUNE 29, 2019
- 7:30-8:30 Annual Meeting. Free Continental breakfast. Everyone Welcome!
- 9:00-4:30 Exhibit Viewing (Walking Tour to be announced)
- 10:00-11:15 AHS Presentation Jim Cipra AHS (Program to be announced)
- 11:30-1:00 Old Timers & Fellows Chapter 22 Luncheon (Tavern- Storrowton Village, ESE)
- 1:00 Presentation Tom Grimshaw: The Exhibit Artifacts
- 1:30-2:45 Presentation British Horology Chapter 159 Maker James Cox who made some of the most exceptional automation clocks including many that are in the Forbidden City collection in China, Topkapi Palace, etc.
- 2:45-3:45 Presentation 400 Day Clocks Chapter 168 John Hubby: (Program to be announced)
- 4:00-5:30Presentation Tower & Street Clock Chapter 134 Phillip D'Avanza: Tower Clovks and Their Challenging Repairs
- 6:15-7:45 Cash Bar Banquet Social Hour (The Carriage House- Storrowton Village, ESE)
- 7:15- 9:30 Entertainment Convention Banquet Awards (The Carriage House- Storrowton Village, ESE)
SUNDAY JUNE 30, 2019
- 9:30 Presentation Auctioneer Daniel Horan: Auction Market Trends in Clocks and Watches
- 10:30 Presentation Nick Butt: The History of the Chelsea Clock Company and current operations
Check the current schedule on the Schedule Page.
LIVE AUCTION:Don't miss the Friday night Auction! Auctioneer Dan Horan would like you to enter your Clocks, Watches and Horological items in his auction. As we receive items they will be posted on our website on the Auction Tab. There will be up to 100 quality items. Email questions to Dan at sales@schmitt-horan web site www.schmitt-horan.com
PO Box 162, Windham, NH 03087 phone: (603) 432-2237
THE CRAFTS COMPETITION:
Will be held at the National Convention in West Springfield, MA June 28 2019 - June 30 2019. It will be an excellent opportunity for all craftspeople to have their work judged against that of their peers.
All classes will be judged by qualified experts. We will have our annual "People's Choice Award"